Follow Me on

Instagram

Saturday, September 12, 2015

morning thoughts: I GIVE THE BEST DAMN ADVICE, DONT FOLLOW ME



Oh, where do I even begin? Parents were born in a different era, with different rules, and under different economy; they had different expectations towards them and were raised by an earlier generation that values obedience, conformance and following rules.
All of that is about non-existent for the youth of today: they are independent, working, aspiring to be their own bosses (entrepreneurs), they live separately (finances allowing), and they have a say in their future. These persons also stand up for themselves more because their parents are not here to protect them all the time, and they don't even need their parents' advice because parents don't even know what to advise (the discrepancy of the worldviews and expectations is THAT great) for these generations. Who needs parents advice when you have Facebook quotes, and www.brittneyndlovu.blogspot.com to give you great advice... Oh me!? hahaha well I dont wanna burst my own bubble but... hahahah just kidding, I would ADVISE TO TAKE TIPS FROM ME NOT FULL BLOWN ADVICE. ^_^

The new generation relationships are up to people - either to sustain or to break off. Since today's youth is more concerned with their self-respect and well-being - unlike the parents' generation which was leaning towards of more what will others think and how it will look - younger generation is less determined to put up with unhappiness and negativity.
I would put it as a plus - if you don't look after your own interests, no one will.

And me, well me I am in between with leaning more to old school, and being ok with independence.To me a soul mate consists of honesty, loyalty, communication. unconditional love, forgetfulness of the past, willing to be best friends, the ability to understand and respect one another’s feelings, the ability to give your mate alone time so they can do soul searching, the needing to be together, sharing of dreams and goals, ability to forgive, ability to agree to disagree, and most of all have the same faith or shit compromise.  I think with all these concepts you have a pretty good couple.  I listed these because this what i carry in my mind my lifestyle my heart.  Not what a 10 year study shows or anything like that.  This is true life down the brass tax honesty at work.  You take away one of those concepts and you have to compromise with one of the other ones.   Everyone is different too.  Some people need more of one thing more than the other one does.  You have to keep that in mind. 

So let me get off the soap opera box and end this post with a few songs 
ANY SONG FROM DWELE  (his music brings light to my day) and Jeremih-planes(love the beat)

No comments:

Post a Comment